Monday 21 July 2008

PRODUCT RESEARCH-ESTELLE '1980'

For my Advanced Production coursework, I am thinking about producing a music video. This is because music videos are hugely popular to promote artists.

In order to research more into music videos and the audience appeal, I be looking at existing videos which are popular. The genre that I am most interested is R'n'B and Pop.

This music video is by UK artist Estelle. She broke into the charts in 2004 with this song '1980'. She has since won several awards including a MOBO, BRIT and more recently, a Grammy.

The reason why I like this video is that creates a sense of realism within the narrative, by using strong lighting and close-ups. This is maybe what I am trying to achieve with my music video-an everyday situation that everybody can relate to.


1 comment:

Eoin Meade said...

Certainly in terms of mise-en-scene, characters and action this is all very achievable. Despite the apparent normality of all that is presented, the lighting here is crucial. The video makes very heavy use of lighting to achieve a very warm feeling, reflecting the nostalgic mood of the lyrics.