Monday 21 July 2008

PRODUCT RESEARCH-SUNIT & RAXSTAR-IN PERSPECTIVE

Sunit and Raxstar are a producer and rapper duo based in the UK. They are independent artists, who are not that well known, and appear on Music Channels such as Channel U. However they have still managed to create a major fan base, due to the ethnic mix thrown in Hip Hop.

Their music videos do not tend to be highly glamorous, or have a big production budget. This is due to them trying to capture the realism of life in the UK as a struggling artists who are trying to become mainstream. This has a real documentary feel about it and is obviously made in this way to represent the artist as a much more serious and political voice than more mainstream Hip-Hop artists. In order for me to achieve similar results, I need to find the right artist and song, that uses the same naturalistic approach to video production.

Since I am keeping open about whether I want to do a music video or a documentary, I think it is important for me to see how I can combine the two together.


PEACE!

No comments: