Thursday 15 January 2009

THE END


I am very happy to say that I have finished my music video. The post production process has been completed, and I now have a finished media product that I am very proud of.

It has not been easy to get to this point as I have encountered several problems from commitment to the computer freezing and deleting any progress.

Looking at the finished product I have to say that it may seem a little repetitive, but this is purely because I had to use what I had since it was so difficult to find the time to film my actors. The original storyline was scrapped, and I then had to create a new one using the footage I had.

I held a focus group today in which 15 students attended a screening of the video. I gained a lot of praise for the use of camera angels and movement throughout the video, but the audience did find it difficult to create a straightforward narrative for the video. However the many different interpretations suggested, did prove that the video created a sense of excitement and that the audience were intrigued by the mysteriousness of the characters. I then showed the video for a second time, and the audience were able to put together the narrative.
Though this coursework proved to be a lot of hard work, I thoroughly enjoyed the process and I am happy with the outcome. If I had to do it all over again, then I would certainly make clear to the actors involved about the level of commitment needed in order for things to run smoothly. I would also maybe try to think of a less complicated narrative, so that could have a clearer understanding. However I do believe that the complexity of the narrative is what makes the video interesting to watch.

I hope that you enjoy the final product, and are just as pleased with the outcome that I am.

No comments: