Monday 29 September 2008

AUDIENCE RESEARCH: KEY FINDINGS OF QUESTIONNAIRES

  • Key Findings:
    Most of my audience are male and female, between the ages of 15-21, and of mixed ethnicity.
    Psychographically my audience can be defined as outgoing, rebellious, loud and being individualists.
    Popular music television channels amongst my audience are MTV, T4 Music, Kiss and Channel U.
    The genre of music that appeals most to my target audience is eclectic range of hip hop, rock, indie and jazz.
    My target audience believe that the way a music video is edited is extremely important so that it synchronises with the soundtrack and narrative.

    Key decisions based on my audience research:
    I will use an artist that has an eclectic range of music, so that I am able to appeal to more than one genre.
    I will construct my music video so that it does not have an incredibly complex narrative, however still manages to challenge the viewer in order to make it an enjoyable view.
    The mise-en-scene will be important part in constructing the music video, so that the audience are able to relate to the surroundings depicted. Nevertheless I will still include shots in which the audience can also aspire to be like those featured in the video.
    I will use varied camera shots ranging from close-ups to portray emotions and master shots to show the mise-en-scene. I will also include tracking and panning shots to add a variety of movement.

No comments: