Monday 10 November 2008

SO FAR NOT SO GOOD...

I uploaded my footage of the dance sequence and realised my framing in a couple of shots is not good. I also noticed my tracking shots are not as steady as I wanted them to be. I may have to re-shoot a few shots but it will be difficult due to the lessons and rehearsals in the drama hall.

I also spoke to my male actor today to see if he was free any time soon, so that I could shoot my outdoor sequence. However he told me he is unable to commit to this project as he has other responsibilities. I have already shot a lot of footage of him already, but the main sequence was yet to be done and it was vital that he was apart of that as well.

I had no option but to cast another male actor. I spoke to a friend called Jermaine who was willing to act for me. I gave him the outline of the video and also showed him the song and existing video so he knew exactly what concept I was trying to capture. Clothing is very important as my actors have to be dressed in the right way in order to portray the personalities of the characters.

Since my last male actor's clothing was not that appropriate, this gave me a chance to re-shoot scenes with Jermaine and appropriate clothing consisting of a suit, tie, hat and black shoes.

I will speak to Carmen about shooting the outdoor sequence and some of the dance sequence again.

No comments: